Rebuilt Brake MC for MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rebuilt Brake MC for MGB
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:10:56 EDT
Well, this time I really did it:  in a moment of weakness, I went and
bought the '74.5 RB MGB that I have occasionally tried to sell for a
friend of mine.

It has the usual hydraulic problems from sitting so long; rather than
fight with them, I plan on just replacing things.  I've looked for a
rebuilt brake MC here, but can't find any.  All that are available around
here are new; none for less than $200.

It seems to me that some lister had written that s/he had located one for
their MGB for less than $50, and it carried a lifetime guarantee.  I'm
thinking it came from one of the national chain stores.  Now, I'm a big
believer in these lifetime warranties as I tend to hold onto my vehicles
for a goodly amount of time.

Can anyone point me to a place that sells a lifetime warranty rebuilt
brake MC for this MGB?  If I can't find one, I'll just rebuild the one in
the car.

Rich