Re: 77MGB Alternator terminals

To: bkrueger@ici.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 77MGB Alternator terminals
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:15:43 EST
In a message dated 10/25/98 8:59:39 AM Central Standard Time, bkrueger@ici.net
writes:

<<
      Still installing the new wiring harness in the '77B.  Spotted a snag
 yesterday.  The connector on the new (British Wiring) harness doesn't mate
with
 the terminals on the alternator.
     The alternator is a fairly new Lucas unit with 3 terminals, but the
 configuration isn't the same as on the cable connector.  I notice that Moss
 lists 5 different alternators.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Hi Bud:

   Since the harness is design as per factory specs. it (and all others for
5 term alts) will have the plug for it.  Since there must be plenty of 5 term
units outthere, I guess this is why it's still that way.  I will ask Leslie if
plans for the future allow for changing that plug setup.  Will Advise.

   Now, on to the problem.  Go 6 page deeper into the catalog (Moss
MGB-08) to bottom right of Page 59 and the directions are there to
complete the installation.  Seems better to have it in front of you than
to waste bandwidth.  Good luck andenjoy!!

Cheers........

          Ed