Re: A Find!

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Tom Buchanan" <buchanan@preferred.com>
Subject: Re: A Find!
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:32:19 -0600
Now you KNOW it's hard to feel the karma in cyberspace! ;)
You gotta get underneath it. Or crawl...depends on what you're looking for,
and how many parts are in place. Automatic $2k minimum, I figure, to get it
roadworthy, if not more.
Is it on "hardstand" or dirt? a solid wood board and an original
jack...stick in the jack, supported by the board, crank and listen for the
groanings that my accompany a pour soul.
How does the engine look? The rubber(haha)? If you can get a wheel off the
ground, does it turn?
$300 isn't really that much, but it depends on the history of the vehicle
and your storage space for such questionable possibilities. "solid" is as
solid does.
I personally don't have the inclination (nor the money and space) to revive
dead souls...and I believe in "buy as much as you can afford", but that's
just me. That's why I warned the SO that my permanent space will require a
big garage. I've never lived anywhere longer than 4 years in my adult life.
Another daily driver it's not. Don't get excited over the dollars spent
saving it.

Dan
73 B