Climb to the Eagle

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Climb to the Eagle
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:35:46 +0000
For those South Australian's out there, this Friday is the 14th annual
"Climb to the Eagle" rally (and Southern GP)... check out their website
at http://www.gprally.com.au

If anyone on the list is going to be there let me know.  According to
the latest figures I have, there are well over 180 confirmed entries (I
got in late so others will have too) and out of those there are 28 MGs
from 1934/36 to 1998 models.  This includes a 1949 MG Special and a
couple of MGA 1600's (only one Midget listed), four '47s and one '49 TC.

Also of note is the 1937 Lagonda LG6 Drophead, a '29 Rolls Royce Phantom
2 (plus a few Ferraris, a Maserati and a Lotus for good luck).  I think
the 1912 Model T Ford is the oldest one of the bunch.

I haven't got a "list cap" and I am somewhere over number 176 on the
list of entrants - but just look for the weedy, long haired guy in the
slightly rough around the edges primrose '68 MGB (hopefully not sucking
on his SU's).

Allow me this excitment - it is my first rally!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII