Backfiring

To: Flphelps@erols.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Backfiring
From: gvernau@juno.com (George J. Vernau)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:02:28 -0600
I have a similar problem with my MGA that I'm trying to solve now so I
have been searching a variety of sources.  I noticed that you had changed
your MK 2 to negative ground- the Moss Motors catalog (MGA) mentions that
the wire from the distributor to the coil needs to be connected to the
negative or positive coil connection depending on the grounding
method,i.e., a negative ground car should have dist wire to negative coil
terminal. According to Moss if the wires are reversed the car will run
but will experience high speed break up and premature point erosion.
Could yours still be connected for positive ground?
Good luck, let me know  the result.
George
57 MGA
67 Jag 3.8S