Re: droopy insulation

To: Tom Perigrin <tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu>
Subject: Re: droopy insulation
From: "Carl W. French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:48:10 -0500
Tom Perigrin wrote:

> (Emma - 72 MGB, back and running after being stored for a half-decade)
>
> Well, as we go through the things that plague dear little Emma, we go from
> the major to the minor...   Step 1, get the engine running (cut lip is
> healing well, thank you).  Two, pull off gas tank and get cleaned.   Three,
> new rear leaf springs, etc, etc, etc...    Now, the first of what will
> undoubtably be a LOOOOONG list of minor problems.  So minor, the manuals
> don't cover them.
>
> The insulation fabric glued to the underside of the hood is drooping.  It
> is peeling away at the corners, and a big bulge is developing in the
> middle.  The edges are ratty looking, and threads are hanging loose.  It
> looks untidy.   What do I do?  I looked through Moss twice, and didn't see
> mats of insulation.   Did I miss it?   Or does one buy a sheet from the
> local auto shop and cut to fit?   How does one attach the new stuff to the
> underside of the hood(bonnet)?

 No, I just got some in from my local Moss/Vicky Brit/etc distributor. I
believe they both have it and I think it was around 30 for a set of the
earlier mats (for my 67)
just checked. In the New Moss catalog it is on page 48 item #33
(409-008)($35.95)
In the Victoria British Catalog it is on page 50 Item #2 The fiber pad
set is $36.25 the Mylar is $59.95
My brother has my Claushager's on loan so I do not know which is correct
for your 72.
This should keep you going for now.

Carl F
67 B ratty looking Bonnet (nice looking pads laying next to it in the
barn)