A arms

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A arms
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:50:28 EST
<<Does anyone know the specific A-arm length of the MGA vs. the MGB?  Are
the items the same?  Are they mechanically interchangeable?  What about
the length of the front shock levers for these two?  Same or different?
Are there any cars from the T-Series with A-arms that are mechanically
interchangeable with B A-arms?  Were those arms longer or shorter?
A gold star to anyone who can accurately answer these questions!
Thanks,
Andy>>

The arms on the A and B are the same dimensionally, but except for very late A
ones don't have the reinforcement and larger hole for the sway bar link,
although you can always modify them. I think the arms from TD on are all the
same length, but don't hold me to that.
The shock arms, as I recall, may have slightly different lengths resulting in
camber change if interchanged, but I am sure that someone can give you a
definitive answer - I might be wrong on that as I don't dabble in the late
stuff that much.

Bill S.