79 B for sale

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 79 B for sale
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:17:46 -0800
All this talk about rebuilding cars that have rusted through from the
waistline down makes me so glad to live in California! Can I share our good
fortune by offering a 79 rubber-bumper B that needs a new home for less than
the price of major body repairs and a paint job?

It's completely rust and damage free, still has its original brown paint
(most of which is nice and shiny but there are a couple of very small areas
that are blotchy). The engine, (non-overdrive) gearbox and rear axle were
overhauled a couple of thousand miles ago, the brakes and steering are in
excellent shape. Custom chrome "wire-basket" wheels are nice and shiny and
fitted with 40% worm Dunlop tires. The car has a new, cream vinyl top, the
brown carpet is in excellent condition, the seats have new brown/cream vinyl
stitched covers.

It sits up nicely, goes down the road very well, passes CA smog tests
easily, and is really a very nice car. Because it's brown, the owner wants
only $2,995!  Any interest?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center