Re: mga: Twin Cam Pt2.

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com, doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mga: Twin Cam Pt2.
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 19:25:10 EST
In a message dated 09/11/98 3:07:38 PM Pacific Standard Time, H4aardvrk
writes:

<<  I am certain that A LOT of us are "interested" in more details on the
drive set up of a 5 main twin cam headded 1800!!!  Any thing else you can
share with us???? >>

Sure - but using what head? Three aren't enough real MGA Twincam heads to go
around, and the last thing they should end up doing is powering a B. It is
possible to adapt just about anything to fit anything, and a Toyota with the
correct bore centres could, I am sure, be grafted onto a B engine.

But the what would you have? A modern head on an engine that won't turn within
5-800 rpm of the redline without puking it's crankshaft. So then you need to
cross-drill the crank, and you might as well nitride it and at the end of all
of this expense you end up with an engine that _might_ work almost as well as
the Toyota would, for immensely higher expense, and it is a hybrid for which
you can't easily get replacement bits.

Seems a little too much like automotive masochism to me.

Bill S.
2 Twincams, a Deluxe and a C