Fw: recent purchase

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: recent purchase
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:24:12 -0600
I'd hate to see a '69 with those compression numbers (if it IS really
healthy) get a Weber carb if the SUs could be rebuilt. Since this is a 2nd
car, it might at least be fun or educational to TRY to rebuild and refurbish
the SUs while your electrical whiz buddy sorts through the wiring -- not to
mention less money if you can get them working. Just MHO, of course. If I
was crazy enough to buy another B, that's what I'd do, anyway.
You probably should completely renew the brake system (SAFETY!)...about
$200-300 (max) easy DIY job. Also, you didn't mention the condition of the
suspension bits...rubber that's been sitting so long can't be very healthy.
As for an asking price, you'd need to provide more info -- condition of
paint, tranny, etc...a good cleaning in and out with some Simple Green and
scrub pads might significantly improve the asking price too! Take some pics
and get them scanned!
If your intent is to just get it on the road and sell to a WORTHY home (read
MG enthusiast who can continue the job), I'd say you could put another
$700-800 or so into it over the winter and sell for about $1800 - 2K in the
Springtime - still not a bad deal for you.

Dan
73 B