Bending brake lines

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bending brake lines
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:37:30 -0600
In the past I have bent brake lines around a 2 inch or so diameter piece of
steel held in a vice.  I never kinked anything but everyone is different.
Although I used solid steel, I expect that a piece of wood or exhaust
tubing would be just as effective.  It takes some practice to get the bends
exactly where you want them.

A word of caution- you should not bend a brake line twice.  If the bend is
wrong, throw it away and start over.  Bending the tubing work hardens it.
Bending it twice can make it brittle and more prone to failure.  Now I
don't know anyone who has experienced failure due to bending a brake line
twice in the same spot but then again I do remember some of what I was
taught about metallurgy and I believe this to be sound advice.

Usual disclaimers apply.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA fast asleep for the winter