Generator, application unknown

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Generator, application unknown
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:35:19 -0500
While rooting through the misc parts bin looking for a set of Bug Eye
Sprite guages (anybody know what a good speedo & tach are worth, black &
silver faces?) I found an old generator with a tach drive output. As far
as I know, it is either an old Sprite item- this is why I bought it- or
possibly for an MGA, as these are the only cars I know of that used a
mechanical tach drive. Probably some TR's also, but I never had one of
those.

The silver end plate beneth the pulley says "Lucas" on the back edge.
The numbers stamped into the case are:
             22744E16    -    70
               C40      ________(arrow)_   12V         the arrow points
left to right, clockwise rotation, I think is the meaning.

At the cable end, there is a screw-on brass cylinder to hold grease.

I assume this is an "out of production" item. Someone may need it, it is
too big for a paper weight. I remember paying about $100.00 for it many
years ago, when I couldn't find a new one.

Someone give me an ID, if you are on the Sprite/Midget list, you might
pass this along, assuming it is for an early Sprite.

Thanks-

Jim Stuart

many Sprites & Midgets, all side curtain cars, all gone.