MGB Hesitation Problem Update....

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB Hesitation Problem Update....
From: "Rick Guynn" <rcg1597@wt.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 18:48:50 -0800
Thanks to all for the suggestions I have received so far concerning my
hesitation problem on the 'B ('79 engine, weber DGAV).  Here's what it was
(and still is) doing:

This is all from running in the garage... I don;t know what it will do under
actual
load conditions....

Idles well
revs to high RPM's smoothly as long as you take it slowly
bogs and backfires when you try to accelerate suddenly.
revs properly during acceleration if the choke is kept mostly closed.

I have checked the following:
Accelerator pump - sprays a nice stream when you move the throttle.
Fuel level in bowl - appears to be high enough (about 1/2 way up the bowl)
Timing appears to be proper
Vacuum check reads appx. 20 (and pretty steady) at idle
new plugs
new plug wires.

Any further ideas?  I am thinking about tearing the carb down again.... but I
don't know what to look for.  The obvious culprit would be the accelerator
pump,
but it appears to be working properly....

Thanks all

Rick Guynn