K&N set-up and question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: K&N set-up and question
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:40:48 EST
Hi all,

I'm adding a pair of pancake K&N's to my new SU HS 4's in my 64 B.

For the crankcase breather, I'  thought I would split the line and run a split
to the backside of each filter.  This entails drilling, tapping etc air hose
fittings in the K&N...or so it looks.

About a year ago I saw an A with a cool tiny K&N sticking off the discharge
line of the crankcase breather.  All by itself...led nowhere, IOW.

1.  Would it be a better solution to just filter the air off the crankcase and
not send it back through the carbs...sure would be easier to set up!

2. Assuming that this would work, does anyone know a good supplier of K&N in
SoCal without buying a catalog.  K&N wants $3 for a catalog that I'll probably
use once and it'll collect dust!  Preferably Ventura County or San fernando
Valley

Thanks,

Bruce Durgin
64 B  (Simi Valley, cA)