Re: Luggage Rack

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Luggage Rack
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:39:05 -0500
Michael, Dean, Dave, Larry,  Dean and all others:  I took the bull by
the horns last night, sorry couldn't wait!  I assembled the rack and
centred it on the boot lid (supported by a fire log .... it's winter
here).  Clamped the rack, front and back on both sides, with C-clamps
and removed rack portion.  Using the secured skids as a template, I used
a lead pencil to locate drilling spots and removed the skids.  Drilled
the holes (progressive), reapplied the rack (with rubber strip under
each skid) inserted bolts and tightened nuts.  Looks great!!!!!  Removed
rack for storage inside for the winter.  As a matter of fact I will be
bringing the rack and my period leather suitcase lied with Irish linen,
to a leather shop to have a couple of belt straps fabricated.  I'll be
using some of my son's hockey helmet screw-type rivets to hold the belts
in place when there is luggage aboard.  This will also permit me to
remove the straps when just day cruising. Additional note for Dean:  my
rack was ordered in the early July, so don't give up hope!

--
Regards, Eric Stephen

Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras