Re: Headlight Adjustment

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Headlight Adjustment
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:22:24 -0500 (EST)
SNIP
>So, how many feet in front of the car should the dipped headlights be?
SNIP
so for a 15 degree angle they should
>land 7.5 feet in front of the car.  That certainly doesn't seem right.
>
>So, anyone?

Skye,

Do you have another car (yours or a friends) with headlights you are happy
with? How about putting them side by side in a parking lot and eyeballing
the B lights, where they illuminate the pavement, to the same position as
the other car? I'd suggest just using a wall, but the difference in height,
as you mentioned, would probably throw things off considerably. That's all
I can suggest, anyway.

Nevin