Alloy wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alloy wheels
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 19:27:11 -0800
Am I the only one to try this, or would this post be of benefit for
anyone else. I want to try to put Alloy wheels on my Midgets. I have
been eying some of the 4 on 100mm wheels that come through our wrecking
yard, on cars like Hondas, Mitsubishis, and VWs. I tried to bolt one on
my 71,it hasn't gotten to the shop yet, so it sits forlorn in the junk
yard, and found that it will bolt up, but the studs are a little short.
I was using the stock lug nuts for holding on Rostyle wheels, so an
acorn style nut might be a better choice.  Looks as though the front
wheels will just touch the frame, at full steering lock, so a half inch
spacer might correct this.

Has anyone else got any experience in doing this? The rims themselves
that I am trying to use are from a 83 Accord, 13 X 5, 4 on 100mm.  They
are a rather aggressive 9 spoke design and really suit the car. Please
save me alot of time if you have done this as I will probably have to
buy a few different sizes of spacers and trial and error it, until I
find out if it works or not.

Thanx Mark Snowdon
69 Sprite
71,73,& 79 Midgets