JFK Anniversary

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: JFK Anniversary
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:49:46 -0800
Just watched the news and was reminded that it's been thirty-five years
since that tragic day. Amazing as it seems, I was working on my MG Y sedan
when I heard the news. I was in a rented garage in Wimbledon, England,
repairing the left front brake when my cheap little transistor radio
interrupted programming to announce JFK's murder. I got on my bicycle and
rode the three miles to my flat to see if my  wife of six weeks had heard
the news. Could hardly see my way home for the tears in my eyes..........

How was it that US president could have had such an influence on an English
youth who, at that time, had no concept that he'd one day live and work over
here? I guess JFK was rather more of a president - and a man - than some of
his successors, especially the current version..........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center