Re: Engine Multimeter

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Engine Multimeter
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:56:47 +0000
Neil Cotty wrote:

> I've just seen a Digital Multimeter at an electronics shop which appears to
> do all of the above and more, it's pretty cheap too. Does anyone know if
> this will work on LBC's? Or do you think it would require some sort of ECU
> (computer) to interface to?

If it is called a Digital Multimeter it should work with anything from a
torch to the
Space Shuttle - it just measures Amps, Volts and Ohms, and possible RPM
and Dwell too.
There are other gizmos sold for use on ECU-equipped cars specifically to
aid fault diagnosis on all the clever/complicated stuff that our cars
don't have.

PaulH.