Re: It lives!

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: It lives!
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:21:26 -0500
Paul Hunt wrote:

> It is the green circuit (fused ignition) that feeds the turn signals.
> It goes via the hazard switch when that switch is off.  This switch is a
> frequent cause of non-functioning turn signals.  The purple (fused
> always hot) feeds things like horns and interior lights.

Late this afternoon I figured out that it was the green circuit I was
really after...  Turns out that the fuse box was so corroded that the
fuse, while in, was not making contact.  Cleaned that up and almost
everything worked again (including the tachometer).  Yay!

The only remaining electrical problems are:

        1) The right hand turn signal doesn't flash.  it will come on but
not        flash.  The left one works fine.  Could this be a grounding
issue?             Or something more arcane?

        2) Purple is STILL not hot inside the car, although it is at the
fuse       box...

On a couple of other matters, does anyone have any of the following
parts they would care to part with?

        Hazard Switch           Wiper Motor
        Map Light Switch        L/H Front Turn Signal

Thanks,
Chris
'72 B Roadster
'71 B Roadster