Best deal on SUs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Best deal on SUs
From: James <James@LWSD.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:38:30 -0600
All the recent debate on SUs vs. Webers notwithstanding, I need to stick
with original equipment on my 1974 'B in order to remain legal in H stock
for SCCA autocross. I want to buy either new carbs or rebuilds from some
highly-recommended source. Anyone know of a better deal (I'm in the U.S.)
on new SU HIF-4s than the $599.95 that Victoria British gets for them, or
know a supplier of rebuilt units that you would swear by?

I guess if there's a supplier you'd be more inclined to swear *at*, I
should know about that as well....

- James Einolf
1974 MGB (98,000 miles and it idles like a tractor)