Alternator/Wiring Harness

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alternator/Wiring Harness
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:43:20 -0800
As some of you may recall, I was in a quandry a couple of weeks ago when I
discovered that the alternator socket on my new BW wiring harness didn't mate up
with the pins on the car's alternator.  I thought I had this solved when I
discovered that the alternator off of the BfromHell (also a 77) had the mating
pins.  Next problem was the discovery that said alternator had no output.  Bit
the bullet, went to AutoZone and ordered a 'new' one for a '77 MGB.  It arrived
yesterday.  It had the same pin configuration as the one that was in my '77,
i.e., it didn't mate up with the wiring harness.  AutoZone showed a different
part number for a late '78 MGB, so I had them get one in.  It arrived today and
it's the 'right' one, i.e., the pins on the alternator match the socket on the
BW wiring harness.

Just thought I'd share it with you.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB
+ the BfromHell (77 w/o title, but I may get it next week!)