pulling the engine? help?

To: "mg list sprite" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: pulling the engine? help?
From: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:36:13 -0800
Well, i need to pull my engine to get to the rear oil seal and solve the
problem with first gear, I already have EVERYTHING disconnected, and I have
the engine parked under the main beam in the garage to attach the
come-along.  I've heard several ways of mounting the chain to the engine, I
was wondering where to bolt the chain to.  Iv'e heard big washers and the
valve cover bolts, clarification please??

also, I pulled the radiator and the rad housing, do I need to putl the
front piece the the housing mounts to?  ( where the hood release is)

TIA
signed,
BARRY PALMER
amesfolks@snovalley.com