Mallory specs? General Questions...

To: "MG List Posts" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mallory specs? General Questions...
From: "image" <image77@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:16:11 -0700
Well, I'm still trying to get the B running. I got the engine in and got
everything hooked up, but it runs very poorly. I removed the distributor cap
and rotor and watched as the engine was turned over, and noticed sparks from
the points. Would this indicate bad points? What is the point gap and / or
dwell supposed to be? How should I go about timing the car with the Mallory?

All of the problems seem to be ignition related. I'm ordering points, cap,
rotor, condenser, coil and wires. I'm using new Bosch platinum plugs. What
coil should I get?

Thanks in advance,
Jason