Re: Mallory Specs, etc...

To: "MG List Posts" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mallory Specs, etc...
From: "image" <image77@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:01:09 -0700
The sparks are pretty big. When it's dark I can even see them from under the
cap (sometimes).
Changing out the coil with a Bosch Blue coil from my VW Bug improved things,
but not much. (It had a chrome Mallory coil).
With the timing light on each wire individually, I can see that the spark
isn't always getting to the plug. I assume that it should be a steady pulse,
but it seems to randomly drop pulses - more so at higher RPMs.
Should dwell for the Mallory be the same as a stock dizzy? Seems logical
that it would be, but I really don't know.
Anyway, got to go, "X-Files" is on.
Jason
79 MGB
72 VW Super Beetle