Re: Carbs, Fires and Head Gaskets - long!)

To: "Rick Morrison" <gofastmg@juno.com>, <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Carbs, Fires and Head Gaskets - long!)
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 02:38:32 -0500

>>Speaking of which, why are those battery cutoff switches so damn
>>expensive?
>>I mean come on, $60-$100 for a simple heavy-duty switch? (Moss,VB)
>
>Racer Wholesale has them for $35; 45 with alternator kill.
>Web sirte is WWW.racerwholesale.com

I spent $10 on mine.  Of course, it's one of those brass switches
that sit right on the battery terminal, but it does the job.  Come
to think of it, every car I've owned has had one.  (I would
disconnect it when i parked at the airport or for a long period of
time.)  Not only that, it's a great theft deterrent for the MG...If
the car won't start and the thief can't find the battery (locked in
the trunk), they are more likely to move on.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/