Brake Fluid Question...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake Fluid Question...
From: "Dennis Berman" <Dennis.Berman.dberman@nt.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 08:49:24 -0600
Afternoon all!

I did some work on the brakes (during my time off).
Replaced all the spent hardware. Simple job!
While reading the specs to determine which
brake fluid I should buy, I was adviced to
use SAE J1703. Well, I wasn't able to locate
this stuff after having visited 4 autoparts
shops.

Someone, (may not be reliable) told me that
I should use a DOT 5 brake fluid. This stuff
is silicone based and shouldn't harm any of
the brake gaskets.

I am seeking experienced adviced as to whether
I can use the DOT 5 product, or should I keep
searching for the "right stuff"?

Thanks much in advance.

--
Regards,