Re: New old transmission??

To: "Paul A. Tegler, Jr" <wizardz@amdyne.net>,
Subject: Re: New old transmission??
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:37:39 -0000
All O/D transmissions should have two switches - one is the reverse light
switch, the other is the O/D lockout switch that only allows the O/D to
operate in third and top.  Not sure why a non O/D box should have two
switches, although my manual indicates that there were two positions for the
reverse-light switch on the early casing.  The vacuum switch was
electrically connected to the overdrive, but not mechanically part of the
gearbox as far as I am aware.

PaulH.