Re: Need MGB diff crush sleeve

To: Scott Pontius <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Need MGB diff crush sleeve
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 18:33:44 -0500

Scott-

If  Moss does not have one ( they did in August) then stop looking for
British parts. Call the local bearing supplier, a general mechanic will
know who that is, if the British car mechanic doesn't, and ask for a
sleeve for a Dana rear. Take your old sleeve for identification.

I had my dif rebuilt this summer, after I had put 270,000 miles on a
previously used unit. My local LBC parts supplier had every bearing,
shim & spacer, as well as a new cross shaft for me in 3 days. If you
come up 0, let me know & I'll find you one.

Jim Stuart

(my ring & pinion were fine, just 1 bad bearing in the case, after a
minimum of 350,000 miles. Dana makes a great unit, just ask the Mopar
guys)