Re: Back up light problem

To: "Tom Emmons" <tom@emmons.com>, "'MGB'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Back up light problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:49:53 -0000
Could be that the switch engagement is so marginal that the heat in the
transmission stops it working.  When it is hot (and not working) put it in
reverse with the ignition on (engine off) and see if you can get a test lamp
or meter to the two terminals on the switch.  If you have 12v on one and not
the other it is the switch.  If you haven't 12v on either it is the green
wire back to the fusebox (there is a connector en-route).  If you have 12v
on both check the green/brown wire back to the lamps.

If it is the switch try screwing it in a little further.

PaulH.