Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>, "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 05:11:29 -0500
At 02:44 PM 12/6/98 -0000, Phil Raby wrote:
>On 6/12/98 4:04 am William M. Gilroy said
>
>>I have to agree the Bass in not representative of good English beer.  I=20
>>spent ~1 week in England this summer.  I spent lots of that time in the
>>pubs trying the beers on tap.  I must say the beer in england is better
>>then the beer in the states.  Also Guiness in England is much different
>>than Guiness in the states.  It was not bitter.  But I don't mind drinking
>>Bass while here in the states.
>
>But remember that Guinness is Irish, not English =AD different country! And=
=20
>Guinness tastes even better there, for some reason. If you're ever in=20
>Dublin, treat yourself to a pint or three!
>

>Cheers,
>
>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk

I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lager. I do like British Beer in
Britain. Since I know so little, I've been told that the reason Pub Beer in
England is so good, is that it is not pasteurized, and like anything that
is not fuddled with, like real squeezed orange juice or fresh bread that
will go stale in a day, the fresh Pub beer can't be shipped to the States
without pasteurizing it or adding something to it...thus the difference and
loss of flavor. Am I all wet ? or is this true? By the way Moreland Beer is
best if gotten on draft in Abingdon, where it is made, and really best at
the Boundry House Pub in Abingdon because the Boundry House was the home of
Cecil Kimber when he was the Director of the MG Car Company. ( if you go
there look for the Octagon plague by the door with Kimber's name and mine
on it)  There, got the MG content in.

Mike