Sill repair vs. new bodyshell

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sill repair vs. new bodyshell
From: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 00:18:17 -0500
I have a feeling that the sills on my 1980 MGB need to be repaired (judging
from other visible rust and the way the doors bind when the car is jacked
up).  There are some other areas of the car needing attention due to
rusting (hood, trunk lid, front fenders), so I was wondering if it would be
less expensive in the long run to get a new bodyshell (this is all, of
course, after winning at least a small lottery jackpot).  It would be
easier to just get things done one by one, but if the end result has the
costs almost equal, I'd thing that the new shell would be he way to go.  It
would cost more than I spent on the car, but so would repairing all of the
visible rust and repainting.

--Steve