Re: Bearings and Crank

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Bearings and Crank
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 07:05:36 -0500 (EST)
Neil before you pull the engine besure you loosen the crank shaft nut,
it's a lot easier if you can put the car in gear to stop it from turning.
The nut is large 1 5/16 (at least with my B). And you might also need a
3/4 to 1/2 in adapter. At Sears the set up will cost you $20 ,unless of
course "it doesn't work" and you return it. This might be the time to
start looking around the flea markets.
...Art