Re: 'Baz's Bonce Blower' @ 11%

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 'Baz's Bonce Blower' @ 11%
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 01:08:42 +0000
Phil Raby wrote:

> On 7/12/98 1:22 pm Neil Cotty said
>
> >10-12 pints? Well that tells you how weak English beer is! If you
> >came to Sydney and we put 10-12 pints of any local beer into you
> >you'd be pushing your MG home............................
>
> After 10 pints of Fosters you'd be still sober, but so full of gas
> you'd be unable to move :-))

Hmmm, just to bring it back onto a car topic sort of, I think that beer
discussions are best conducted with a few mates around the car in the
shed - and best when tapping the latest batch of the local home brew -
of course this must be *after* you have finished your latest re-build.

this is also the safest option especially if you have somewhere for the
mates to pass out afterwards (or cabs lined up for the trip home). All
this beer talk got me thinking about the mates of mine who have had
close calls (some more than close) during past festive seasons.

Remember the "safety" part of "safety fast"!

As for the "our beer is better/stronger than yours" argument, I have two
points to make...

1. Please don't judge Australian beer by Fosters beer - and especially
not by the Fosters beer consumed outside of Australia.  Actually I do
not personally know of ANYONE who drinks Fosters beer here in Australia
(truth), I am a Victoria Bitter man myself.

2. I think the proof of the strength of Aussie beer lies in the current
fielding ability of the English cricket team... depth perception is
frequently dodgy after a decent night on the turps!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII