RE: brief Guiness history lesson(was Beers of the world)...longis

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: brief Guiness history lesson(was Beers of the world)...longis
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:17:12 -0000
On 9/12/98 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>Guinness have several plants all over the world all brewing to different
>specifications. There is even a plant in Nigeria, they brew an 8% version
>which supposedly has aphrodisiac qualities - it's tasting characteristics
>have more that in common with Vegemite or Marmite!

I tried Guinness in the Seychelles =AD yes, they have a plant there, too!
The barman was very proud of the fact they had it in bottles. It was
quite revolting! Everything else about the islands was nice, though!

BTW. in the view of this thread, MG World is changing its name to Beer
World :-)

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk