Wine

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wine
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:31:07 EST
<>

How nice to see a car group discussing another of my favourite pastimes =
=97
wine. The guys over at the Jensen group are, almost to a man, unrepentant =
suds
suckers and wouldn't know a good wine if they were handed one (I say that,
confident that there is no overlap between the groups, except for one frie=
nd
that wouldn't squeal on me =97 right Len?)

An interest in wine complements a sports car hobby =97 almost wherever we =
go on
car events, we can find something also interesting related to wine. I stil=
can't convince everyone that the perfect place for a meet is in Napa, thou=
gh.

I don't usually do car things when in Europe, but a couple of years ago
happened to be in Monaco for the weekend of the Historic races (a week bef=
ore
the Grand Prix), and it was the most interesting and civilised thing to be
sitting at a cafe at trackside sipping a nice bottle. The most contact tha=
many racers get is the spray of bubbly in the face when they win a race (g=
ross
misuse of often decent wine!). Wish we were more into that here, but with =
the
exception of Gil Nickel, who runs Far Niente and tries to promote wine at =
the
races, it is still the rolling out of the barrel that heralds the end of t=
he
day's event.

Do you members in Oz do car events in wine country?

Bill S.