Re: Wine-Plonk?-a bit long & off topic

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, <WSpohn4@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Wine-Plonk?-a bit long & off topic
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:28:37 +0930
-----Original Message-----

>>Do you members in Oz do car events in wine country?

************END OF PART OF ORIGINAL*************

On Sunday the 15th of November '98. The local MG Car Club here in South
Australia held our 2nd wine bottling,  What happens is, we book into the
restaurant attached to a tourist winery for lunch. Our host puts two
Hogsheads of 'plonk' on raised pallets on the grassed area outside the
facility and we siphon the wine from the hogsheads into bottles provided,
cork the bottle by hand, and apply the MG Car club label, then place the
finished bottles into cartons for sale to the participating club members, at
the winery, on the day. Our wine this year was a red, 45% Grenach-37%
Mataro-18% Shiraze, and by all accounts the samplers were satisfied that it
was a fine drop. Sampling is the most sought after job at the event! [ by
mid morning they were telling us *Thish ish a phine drop, Hic !* ] No
glasses are allowed in the bottling area, but the boys were sampling a
little into their coffee cups and frequently remarking on the fine coffee
available on this auspicious occasion. When the wine is sold a small profit
is made and donated to charity. We all have a great day, full of good fun,
food, wine and equally good company. This year the label read, M.G. Car Club
of SA RACING RED, 2nd on the Grid, [under this writing was a picture of a
red 'C' type]  Bottled by Club Members, on, Sunday 15th November 1998, A
Product of McLaren Flat S.A.
If anyone would like to see the label let me know and I'll send a scan of
it.
[ $6 a bottle this year, for a premium wine, which is excellent value IMHO ]

CUL8R.

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.