New Toys

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Toys
From: HolePuncher <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:22:14 -0800
After four years of quiet slumber, my sleeping beauty ('70 MGB GT) has come
to life again.  After draining the varnish from the tank and the mud from
the sump, and replacing the dual six volt batteries with a Group 26 12volt
she fired up without a complaint.  Of course, I'm oversimplifying the work
to bring her out of her coma, but you can fill in the blanks.  Great
exhaust note through a brand new exhaust system.  I've never really
listened to an MG before, being a TR kind of guy.  Well now I go both ways.
 In fact, now I'm a "bisixual" 'cuz I just bought another Six.  Found this
one in a junk yard, complete but in an absolutely hideous state, although
the body is straight and the wheels are original.  Not quite sure what to
do with it until I get it in the garage to assess all the damage.

My wife is getting jealous, and what makes it worse is that we are leaving
on Monday for Thailand for a month of relaxation and now I don't want to
go!  I've become obsessed again with two new projects.  Are there any
British car clubs in Thailand?

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6 -mine
'71 TR6 -in my garage, therefore it's mine (dad might disagree)
'70 MGB GT -mine, mine... all mine
'73 or '74? TR6  -I didn't stop to check...
'89 Saab Turbo convertible  -hers
'91 Chevy pickup parts hauler  -mine of course
'75 Harley Davidson  -I've got title, but some #*@%! has it

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."