Engine Feed Back in Radio

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine Feed Back in Radio
From: "Dennis Berman" <Dennis.Berman.dberman@nt.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:27:16 -0600
Howdy all,

   Here's the problemo:

   I have a '77 MGB (Little Tuna) and recently I installed
   an amplifier in the trunk. This amplifier only provides
   sound for the two rear speakers. The CD radio provides
   source for the Amplifier and sound for the front speakers.

   When the engine is running, the engine's RPMs can clearly
   be heard only in the rear speakers. The feedback is not
   evident in the front speakers.

   I have replaced the audio cables (from radio to amp) with
   a special (expensive) insulated type... no joy.

   I have placed an induction filter in the power wire to the
   amp... still, no joy.

   I connected the amp's power source directly to the battery,
   and still, feedback exists.

   As time progresses, I've become more accustomed to the
   feedback and it doesn't bother me as much. Yet, I'd
   still like to eliminate it. (its quite noticeable)

   I suspect there may be two other actions that I can try:

     1) New power source and filter to the radio itself...

     2) Replace the radio unit (even though its a high end model).

   I was hoping that other options might come from this group.

   I've replaced the ignition wires with higher quality wires,
   and that had no effect.

   Any ideas? Note: its not in the pickup unit of the distributor.

--
Regards,

Dennis Berman
dberman@nortel.com