Re: halogenated hydrocarbons (long)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: halogenated hydrocarbons (long)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:26:58 -0700
As an ex-chemist and a long termer on this list, I use to always shudder
(figuratively speaking) when discussions on this list ventured towards and
beyond scientific topics.

But I liked Matt's explanation of halogenated compounds.

However, for carbs, particularly to clean fuel deposits, I have found
toluene to be a better solvent. It makes a great fuel additive too, and its
fairly cheap (I used to get it for less than $10/gallon). It is commonly
the main content of those carb cleaner spray cans.

As with the use of any hydrocarbons, particular aromatic or chlorinated
hydrocarbons, always use under good ventilation.

David Councill
71 BGT (once fueled with ethylene dibromide additives)