Thanks to All

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks to All
From: grhacker@wfl.fha.dot.gov (Gary R Hacker)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:54:21 -0800
I hope I have sufficiently gained enough computer skills that I am able
to come forward and thank all of you on the list for your unknowing help
and encouragement.  In the late "60's" I got my first MG.  It was bought
out of the back row of a BMC dealers lot in Arlington, Va.  Because of
that car, I met two of the best friends I have ever had.  Unfortunately
that car is gone and I lost contact with Carol and John after I got out
of the service.  My love of MG's actually started when I was about 14 or
15 years old though.  My Uncle Red showed up at our house with a red MGA
Twincam that he had just bought.  It was love at first sight.  Almost 40
years later I can still see and hear that car when ever I want to call
back the memory.  Finally this past August, I purchased a 1975 MGB.
Since then, I have been trying to resurrect "Red" (actually Tahitian
Blue?) on a limited time and dollar budget.  Two weeks of evenings and
weekends just to sort out wiring.  I won't continue with the DPO stories
at this time, but you all know how some of our cars have been
mistreated.  I just wish I could meet Barney Gaylord, Bud Krueger, Paul
Hunt, Skye Porter and all the many people who respond to this list and
share their knowledge and skills.

Bob Hacker
Vancouver, Washington
75 MGB roadster "Red"