Re: cold starting and ruff shut-off

To: "Arts Council" <artscape@clas.net>, "MG list" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cold starting and ruff shut-off
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:24:19 -0800
Daniel..........

Fifteen minutes? I'm glad I'm not there to hear that!! Even when it's
freezing here in Northern California, my BGT starts in five seconds or so.

Check that your choke is actually doing something when you pull it. You
should see the jets move down at least 1/4" from the bottom of the
carburetors (assuming you have the original HS carbs fitted)

Also check your distributor points gap. If it has closed up, you'll get a
weak spark. And how recently did you replace plugs & wires?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center