Re: Towing Genius

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: Towing Genius
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:50:00 -0600 (CST)
On 12/17/98 12:59:47 you wrote:

>David,
>
>  You say you've heard countless tales about damage due to flat towing?
>OK, document them Who, what when and where?  My anecdotal evidence has
>been published on this list.  Where's yours?
>
>  Also you berate me for carrying on about this.  Then you carry on some
>more!  I'm confused as to where you're coming from.  Is it bad for me
>but OK for you?
>
>  CR

 So do you want to hear about the fellow who fired his transmission cause
someone put the car in
3rd gear while he was in a rest area men's room or maybe the one about the
front universal
failing  while in tow (ever see an MG try to pole vault?) or maybe the one when
rear axle
bearing fired. It's funning how you can not hear stuff going wrong on the car
in tow as you
would while driving it. I personally had a rear axle brake on a Galant while I
was towing it
with front wheels in wheel lift / would not have known anything was wrong if
the wheel didn't
pass me. Thank goodness for that trailer hitch or it would have been rear
bumper to ground. As
for wire wheels backwards, I've  seen the spin off come off and wheel leave the
car while
traveling behind an Austin Healey being towed backwards to Carlisle and have
heard a half dozen
similar incidents. Why don't you just tow you car any way you like but please
don't try and
convince others to follow your lead. As for berating you, it ain't I who as
posted countless
messages. I can not allow you to try and place other people's cars in harms way
with out tossing
in a couple of cents here. I agree to disagree with you and will leave it at
that.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch