Re: Jags

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jags
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 19:45:17 -0600
Bill and Bill:

Quite right. I had a sight-unseen offer for my semi-basket-case XK150S
roadster last month for about the same price that one can get for a
rough, complete, but drivable, coupe. Being a real masochist (not to
mention a fool, said the wife) I declined the offer. I just didn't like
it when someone comes waltzing out of the blue with wads of cash, but
who isn't interested in the human stories associated with the car. WHAT
AM I SAYING!!!!?? - I would have had enough to get another Twinkie, and
a good running one too!!!!

Dave Q.
(lover of basket-cases)

>Bill Spohn noted: <snip> But really, you are right, Bill. The roadsters bring
>the big bucks and the
coupes are the ones that you want to drive long distances. <snip><

<<Mike, Thanks for the encouragement.  Unfortunately, these sales prices
are for nicely done open cars, not home restored coupes.  Regards, Bill
Eastman>>