'71B update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '71B update
From: Mark Rayborn <mrayborn@merlin.ebicom.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 22:56:56 -0600
Greetings and salutations;

Thanks for everybody's responses on my oil pressure failure problem. I
connected an after-market gauge to the B and fired her up after changing
the oil. It registered about 15 lbs at cold idle and 30 lbs at 2500 rpm.
I guess it quite possibly could have developed a low-end problem such as
spinning a rod bearing or something as suggested by a couple of y'all on
the list. I checked compression. 130-110-130-130. I squirted some oil in
the low cylinder and checked again but the reading was the same. I guess
I will pull the engine and rebuild. I will be using this car as a daily-
driver to work(about 40 miles round-trip) so it's probably prudent
anyway.

Regards,
Mark in MS