RE: OT: New car search for the folks

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: OT: New car search for the folks
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 07:27:35 -0800
I think Norm's problem with his Camry was that the car was one of the "new"
bodystyle Camrys (1997-present).  The car must be so embarassed about how
the Toyota stylists screwed up a lovely balanced design that it breaks down
all the time!  My wife bought one of the last available 96 Camrys because we
were so horrified at the 97 design - snorky American looking front end,
squinty taillights that look too small for the rear, uglified dash, etc.

My advice - buy a low-mileage 1996 V-6 Camry, and you won't be disappointed.
Also, try to find one with a VIN that begins with J , regardless of the
strides that American manufacturers have made, the Japanese built Camrys are
still a bit better, IMHO.

Cheers,
Paul Kile