Re: Readers in Scotland or England

To: Rick Roberts <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Readers in Scotland or England
From: David M McNaughton <David@mcna.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 13:49:51 +0000
In message <19981227010349.26004.qmail@hotmail.com>, Rick Roberts
<rrobertsmg@hotmail.com> writes
>I have recently purchased a license plate that is supposed to be of 1969
>Aberdeen VG vintage.
>
>8.5 inches tall, 12 inches wide reading MRS   yellow & black.
>                                        ---
>                                        615G
>
>I would like to display that on my 73B (tacky I know). Would that
>billboard have gone on the front or back or both?  (I only have one
>plate)
>
>Thank you,
>
>Rick Roberts
>Columbus, Ohio
>73 MGB

Black letters on yellow - This is a back plate -
my 1973 MGBGT is on NMS 451M
The last letter gives the year of registration in a series A,B,C -you
work out G :-)
excluding I, O,Q,V which are subject to ambiguity.
The RS indicates the county.

I had a motorbike OSS 73G in 1969 (the SS represented East Lothian in
Scotland)

Regards

David

73 MGBGT

David M McNaughton
Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland EH41 3PJ
Voice: 01620 822078  Fax: 01620 829166
Radio GM8 KOF