Re: Overinflated Tires -> Skiddish

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Overinflated Tires -> Skiddish
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:07:35 EST
In a message dated 12/28/98 7:34:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
barneymg@ntsource.com writes:

> >Overinflating the front tires only  on an MGC to about 36psi reduces a lot
>  of the nose-heavy understeer of these cars for this reason.
>
>  Huh?  Overinflating front only reduces grip of front only.  So how does
>  that reduce understeer?  The logic doesn't follow.

I gotta go with Barney here.
BTW in case anyone remembers back when MGB ran in show room stock (75?)  Car
and Driver did an article on which of the cars that were eligible handled the
best.  They found that the MGB with 36 PSI front and 30 PSI rear had the best
handling of the cars tested.
I of course went out and pumped up the tires on my car and sure enough the car
handled better.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB roadster.
99 Volvo S 80 T-6