Re: Loss of power Was:Wiper Motor Grease

To: "Rene van Maanen" <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Loss of power Was:Wiper Motor Grease
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:52:25 -0000
Workshop Manual specifies Ragosine Histate Grease for things like the rack
and wheel boxes.  You could try withdrawing the rack, greasing it and
replacing it to lubricate the wheel boxes, but it could well be the spindles
that are stiff - recommended oil here is Shell Turbo 41.  My sluggish wipers
were caused by insufficient volts at the motor due to various poor
connections in the wiring harness, the motor does take quite a high current.

PaulH.