Re: MG Buyers Guide

To: "Carufel Family" <carufel@funtv.com>,
Subject: Re: MG Buyers Guide
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:03:59 -0000
The chrome slatted grill was replaced by a simple recessed mesh grid (1970 -
1972), some narrow chrome strips being fitted to the grid and around the
aperture on the bonnet, wings and front valance.  This was replaced by the
'honeycomb' grill which utilised the original shell but had plastic mesh
slabs in place of the slats.  The slatted and honeycomb grills are direct
replacements for each other, whereas the recessed grill requires more work.

Clausager states that 512243 MGBs were produced (plus 4544 MGC roadster,
4458 MGC GT and 2592 V8 GT).  The figure of '115898' applies to Mark 1
(1962 - 68) roadsters only.

Cheers,
PaulH.